Monday, August 29, 2011

August 29, 2011

When I was getting Isaac ready for bed last night I noticed that he had a bit of a cough.  I commented to Charlie "I hope he's not getting sick again."  A few hours later I woke up to Isaac's horrible barking cough and him gasping for air.  It was pretty scary and I wasn't really sure what to do.  I woke Charlie up and we discussed taking him to the emergency room, but ultimately decided not to.  I slept with Isaac on the couch the rest of the night, constantly checking to make sure he was still breathing, and then called the doctor first thing the next morning.  He has croup and a bad case of stridor which was causing him to struggle for air.  The doctor put him on a steroid and said that should be enough to keep him out of the emergency room tonight.  Hopefully he'll be all better in a few more days.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh poor isaac! And you too. Daphne is getting over croup too. Its a scary cough!

    ReplyDelete