Sunday, December 4, 2011

December 4, 2011

I've decided to make all fresh organic baby food for Luke.  I wish I had done the same for Isaac.  I am just getting started and I'm sure there is a bit of a learning curve.  I want to go buy one of those baby food makers, but just haven't done it yet.  Today I made peas for the first time.  It was a huge mess because after steaming and pureeing them, you also have to strain the skins out.  But for some reason it was strangely satisfying to make them.  Perhaps there is some truth in the statement "cooking is the sincerest expression of love" - Gwyneth Paltrow (thanks Meredith).  Luke loved the peas.  (And Charlie, please don't think that I love you any less when we have frozen pizza for dinner!)    

1 comment:

  1. I made a lot of baby food for daphne and loved doing it! I used my food processor then scooped it into ice cube trays and froze it. Id pop out a cube anytime I wanted something. Or id freeze it in plastic baggies...and ziploc is bpa free. Her fav was butternut squash and I roast it for all of us now. Good for u Carrie

    ReplyDelete