Wednesday, January 6, 2016

January 3, 2016


My poor little Luke!  As we were getting into the car after church today he burst into tears and told me that his primary teacher had hurt his arm. "For no reason!" he added.  I instantly suspected a nursemaid elbow and a quick glance at his limp hanging left arm was all it took to confirm my suspicion. I carefully helped him into his car seat and assured him we'd fix it as soon as we got home.  This is now the fifth time he's had this happen. After the fourth occurrence I learned how to fix it myself by watching a YouTube video and saving us a trip to the Urgent Care.  I just didn't want to do it in the church parking lot because it causes a lot of screaming, and he's not in pain as long as he doesn't move it.  But once we were home I quickly popped it back in and he was back to his happy self within moments of taking this photo.  And just for the record, I'm sure the primary teacher had no intention of hurting Luke when he picked him up, and may not have even realized that he was hurt. Luke's pretty good about keeping a brave face when he needs to.  

I decided I'm not going to limit myself to just one photo a day because the whole purpose of this blog is for me to record memories and look back on. So with that being said, here are my other photos for today.

For one of Isaac's Cub Scout achievements he is supposed to visit a place of worship and then create a piece of art or make a model of it. I suppose we could have gone the cultural route and taken him to a church of a difffernt faith, but instead we opted to visit the Atlanta temple. We walked around the grounds and talked about how it is the House of the Lord.


Our Ward moves Primary teachers up with their classes, so today wasn't a big change for the boys.  But Luke was so proud of the CTR ring that he got today. He wore it all day long, which is surprising since he sheds socks, shoes, and often his shirt any chance he gets.  But I love that he is so excited about it and about "being good all the time."


One last Luke photo because it cracks me up. We've had family game night nearly every evening since Christmas. Both boys love playing Uno, but Luke gets especially excited about it. His favorite part is getting the "secret weapon" cards. The Uno game came with some blank cards for us to create our own "secret weapons."  Luke had the BEST evil cheesy smile tonight when he got the "wild, draw 6" card.  I wish I had caught that exact moment, but the grin lasted long enough for me to capture at least a glimpse of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment