Wednesday, January 6, 2016

January 4, 2016


Isaac is one of a kind.  He is a funny kid with really unique quirks and interests.  Sometimes I am completely baffled by him, but for the most part - I get him.  I see a lot of myself in him and I can see characteristics of my family members.  I don't know quite how to explain it but I think I can connect with him in a special way because I identify with the way his mind works.  

Every night I tuck each of the boys in and talk to them about their days and say prayers with them.  Isaac always takes this opportunity to ask me questions.  It's the only time in the whole day when I know he will sit still and truly listen, so I've grown to really love this time with him.  Tonight he asked what the difference was between the Book of Mormon and "the big scriptures with three books inside."  I explained the origin of the different books of scripture and what they contained.  Then he wanted to know what kind of stuff the Lord told Joseph Smith in the D&C.  I gave him a few examples and then we talked about the Word of Wisdom.  We really should start bedtime earlier because I really think he'd sit and talk with me for hours if I'd let him.  

He insists on having his sleep mask on to fall asleep, but he rarely wears it the whole night.  We always find it kicked down into the sheets at the bottom of the bed.  And he has also taken to sleeping with the quilt that my Grandma Edwards made me when I was a little girl.  I loved it then and I still love it now.  Apparently Isaac loves it even more.  And he is quite distressed about the fact that it's becoming so worn and getting holes and tears around the edges.  

No comments:

Post a Comment