Wednesday, January 6, 2016

January 6, 2016


We have our weekly YW activities on Wednesday nights, but our church building was closed today for carpet cleaning so I had the girls over to my house.  We had eight girls, plus myself and one other leader.  That is a good turn out!  First we made time capsules.  Each girl had a set of cards where she could write about things like "what a typical day is like," "qualities I want in a husband," "future education and career plans," "current favorites, likes & hobbies," "my testimony," etc.  We sealed them up in envelopes and will give them to them when they leave YW.  Next we talked about setting goals & New Years Resolutions using the S.M.A.R.T.  (Specific, Measurable, Action oriented, Realistic & Time based) goal system.  Then we had donuts and and played Telestrations (which is like a cross between Pictionary and the telephone game).

Pictured above is Emily (who just turned 14 and moved up to Mia Maids), and our Beehives: Abby, Lindsay, Jetta, and Amaya.


Here is Sam, Kara, and Katie.  We updated our Personal Progress tracking sheets tonight and I was totally shocked to see that Katie is almost done!  Here 18th birthday is coming up in March, but she only has four small goals left to finish.  I am SO proud of her and super excited that she will be getting her YW medallion.  And I'm also really sad to be losing her in a few months when she graduates.  


Micki, my second counselor, brought donuts for a treat.  As soon as my boys laid eyes on them they went crazy begging for one.  Luckily there were leftovers.  I still don't understand how kids manage to get so much food on their faces when they eat...

No comments:

Post a Comment