Friday, January 1, 2016

January 1, 2016


I'm not 100% committed to doing the 365 blog this year, but I do want to get back to blogging and I thought this might be a good way to get me back in the habit.

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to run 1,000 miles in 2016.  It's a rather ambitious goal for me because my previous highest mileage was just over 600 miles back in 2013.  The past two years have been much lower and doing other kinds of workouts take away from my total mileage.  But I wanted something that would keep me committed all year long and 1,000 will definitely require some dedication.

Today I ran 3 miles.  I'm not going to lie, it was tough!  I am totally out of shape.  I had not worked out at all since my miscarriage and subsequent D and C in November, and hadn't run since September.  It was discouraging to realize how much fitness I had lost.  Our neighborhood is very hilly - so pretty much straight out of my driveway I was huffing and puffing it up some major hills.  The temperature was in the low 40s and my lungs were on fire!  I had instant flashbacks to my running days in Provo and quickly remembered why I spent so much time on the treadmill.  I hate to be such a weather wimp, but I've had a raspy cough all day since running.

Oh, and I got this running belt for Christmas from Karl & Janelle.  I love it!  I don't usually run with my phone because it doesn't fit in any of my pockets, but it fits perfectly inside the belt.  I'm excited to try out some running apps and maybe even snap a few running selfies!  Just kidding.  Kind of....

1 comment:

  1. What?! Blogging? And 1000 miles this year?! And maybe even running selfies?! All my dreams are coming true. 😉 For reals though, awesome goals! I had no idea about the miscarriage, Carrie, and it makes my heart ache even though it was a few months ago now.

    ReplyDelete