Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1, 2013


On the rare occasion that I go to Wal-Mart, I usually walk away with a good reminder of why I don't shop there.  Tonight we needed an item that Target didn't have so we went to Wal-Mart.  I have a knack for picking the slowest lines ever.  Tonight takes the cake.  This woman in front of me had brought in an ad from a discount supermarket in another city and was price matching every single item in her cart.  EVERY SINGLE ITEM.  And they were not all in the ad, but she would argue with the checker on everything and eventually the checker just started scanning and then asking the lady "how much?" and typing in whatever she said.  It was outrageous!!!  The woman was obviously a total liar as she was naming ridiculously low prices for everything that she wanted.  A $21 Baby Einstein toy was suddenly only $9.  I couldn't believe it!  But the manager came over and approved everything.  Once it was all totaled up, she didn't have enough money and started taking things out.  Then she still didn't have enough and had to go to her car to get more cash.  I commented to the cashier on the audacity of it all, but she insisted that the store's policy is to price match - even without an ad.  It is too bad there are such dishonest people in the world.  And it is too bad that I had to wait 20 minutes in line behind one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment