Wednesday, November 13, 2013

November 13, 2013


The title of this self portrait is "Vacation Hangover."  I assumed that a week away from my children would leave me feeling refreshed and renewed and with a newfound abundance of patience.  I was wrong.  I am just so tired.  And I think having all of that quiet time and the ability to eat my meals in peace, shower without anyone banging on the door, sleep without interruption, and spend hours leisurely walking down tree lined boulevards while window shopping and chatting with my husband made me remember what I've been missing out on for the past few years.  Okay, so basically I am totally grumpy and irritable.  I love my boys, and I love being a stay at home mom, and I really did miss them.  But today I just want to crawl back into bed and go to sleep.  


Meanwhile I am keeping Luke entertained with Angry Birds on my old iphone.  He thinks it's pretty great.  Maybe tomorrow I will snap out of it and get back to being a happy and well functioning mother again.

No comments:

Post a Comment