Saturday, November 16, 2013

November 16, 2013


Before having children I never would have imagined how difficult it would be to keep them seated in a shopping cart.  It is incredibly difficult.  At least for me and my boys.  I think part of the problem with Luke is that he sees Isaac out walking by himself and so he thinks he should be out walking too.  But he doesn't walk, he runs.  Fast.  And usually in the opposite direction of where I want to go.  So really Luke needs to stay in the cart, but he hates it and screams and arches his back and tries his very best to climb out.  Tonight we made a compromise and allowed him to ride on the bottom of the cart.  Isaac used to do this and I'd say 50% of the time we'd get smiles and laughs from other shoppers and the other 50% was disapproving glares and reprimands telling us how dangerous in was.  This was Luke's first time down there and he managed to stay put for the majority of the shopping trip.  I say it's a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment