Thursday, November 14, 2013

November 14, 2013


I woke up around 11:00 last night and discovered that our power was out.  No big deal, except Luke's white noise machine was off and so was Isaac's night light.  The rest of the night/morning was filled with alternating wake ups.  Isaac was "afraid of the dark" Luke wanted his noise, and I was jet lagged.  At each waking I'd glance at the clock to see if the power was on, and was kind of surprised each time to see that everything was still dark.  When morning time rolled around Isaac was pretty bugged that he couldn't watch his favorite TV show - Wild Kratts - while getting ready for school, while Luke was fascinated by the concept of "no power" and the dark refrigerator.  Here they are enjoying cold cereal in the dark.  I called the power company and got an automated message telling me they planned to have service restored by 6:00 pm.  Agh!  A whole day with no power?  No thanks!  Luckily a few minutes after Luke & I walked in the door from taking Isaac to school the power was back.  Thank goodness.  Nothing like a few hours of inconvenience to make you appreciate the simple things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment