Saturday, September 7, 2013

September 7, 2013


When we came to Utah in July I started talking with Chris (Charlie's twin) about some of the races he had done because I was thinking of running a 1/2 marathon sometime soon.  Last year he and another brother Tyler ran the Little Grand Canyon 1/2.  It sounded like an awesome course so I put it on my calendar and then decided I probably wouldn't be going back to Utah that soon and forgot all about it.  When I double checked my calendar this week to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything in California I noticed the race I had marked on Saturday.  Could I do it?  I had not been training, but I have been running regularly and felt I was in pretty good shape, so why not?  I registered on Tuesday night to run on Saturday morning.  I was nervous about it, but in the end I am so glad I did it!  Chris was so nice to drive me out there and wait at the finish line to cheer me on.  I finished in 1:48 with an 8:16 pace, and 5th place for women.  I loved the race and am tempted to do it again next year - but to maybe actually train for it next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment