Thursday, June 20, 2013

June 20, 2013


Today was Isaac's last day of school for the year.  He kept telling me he was so sad that he wouldn't be able to go to school anymore.  He really had a great year.  Isaac loved his teacher Ms. Chelle.  She was wonderful for him.  His class started out with a different teacher at the beginning of the school year and I actually chose this program for Isaac based on that teacher.  Then about a month into the school year she left to take another job!  Ms. Chelle came in as the sub and ended up staying the entire year.  She didn't have the dynamic personality that the other teacher had, but I could tell that she really cared about Isaac.  She took him under her wing and helped him get through the year and I am very grateful for that.  He seriously loved going to school and I am sad for him that the year has come to an end.

Anyway, for their last day the class had a picnic and games out on the playground and the families were invited to join.  I kept trying to get a picture of Isaac with his friends but none of them would cooperate.  Isaac was the least cooperative "shooting" and yelling "no cameras!" every time I got close. Here he is with Timmy, a kid I don't know from another class, Alexander (the "boss") and Jack.


At least the girls were willing to smile!  Emma and Ivanna both LOVE Isaac.  Seriously, it baffles me a little sometimes because he is not always the easiest kid to get along with, but they love him.  When I dropped him off at school the other day I heard Ivanna telling Isaac that he looked so handsome.  Ha!  And they are both always wanting to hold his hand and sit next to him.  Cracks me up.


Luke was SO excited to get to go play on Isaac's playground.  I told him about it the night before and the first thing he said when he woke up this morning was "Go!  Slide!  Woo-hoo!"  I'm not sure how he learned to associate "woo-hoo!" with a slide, but he says it all the time.  "Go slide, woo-hoo!"  It's pretty awesome.


Isaac's friend Alexander is supposedly the boss or the leader of his little group.  I don't think he's always very nice to Isaac.  Today he kept telling Isaac that he couldn't have any "powers" unless he ate pizza and since Isaac doesn't like pizza he was quite upset.  Really, I don't understand the five year old drama.  Isaac was getting really worked up and Alexander was pretty relentless in teasing him.  I kept telling Isaac not to let this silly kid trying to boss him around.  We eventually had to go take a break on the blanket and have some cookies to calm down.  Luke was happy to oblige.  


At the end Ms. Chelle gave each student a certificate of completion and everyone clapped and cheered. I'm sure we'll see some of these kids over the summer for play dates, but we are sad that the school year is over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment