Friday, June 28, 2013

June 28, 2013


One of the moms from Isaac's preschool class organized an end of the year party at the Lagoon.  We got together in the late afternoon and let the kids swim and play and then had dinner.  There was some drama when we first got there because Isaac's "friend" (the same one who kept teasing him on the last day of school) put sand in his water blaster and ruined it.  So Isaac was in total meltdown mode and then he got going with his attitude, yelling at me, trying to throw sand, etc.  Luke kept running off into the water without me while I was dealing with Isaac, and then Luke saw leaves in the water so that triggered hysterics from him too (for some reason he always freaks out about leaves floating in the pool).  I know that all parents deal with tantrums and meltdowns, but it is really stressful and embarrassing when I have two of them freaking out at once.  I was pretty close to packing up and leaving 10 minutes after we got there.  But we stayed and Charlie came and joined us after work and turned out to be a nice evening after all.  


This is a blurry photo, but I love it anyway.  Before bed Luke wanted a "ride" from Dad and Isaac hopped on too.  Isaac told me he was pretending that Charlie was an AT-AT from Star Wars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment