Friday, June 7, 2013

June 7, 2013


Isaac has been seeing Miss Elaine for speech therapy for three years now.  That's a long long time for a kid that's just 5 and 1/2 years old (and has had a dozen other teachers & therapists come in out of his life).  His school year is coming to an end and so is his time at ECLC.  Isaac and I have both grown to really love Elaine and it makes me sad to think that Isaac won't be working with her anymore.  He has come SO far in three years!  When Isaac first started with Elaine he had about four intelligible words (go, mama, dada, and uh-oh).  Everything else was all vowel sounds.  Now he pretty much never stops talking!  Oh I love my Isaac, and now thinking back on that time when he was a little 3 year old and wondering if he would ever speak... my heart is just full of gratitude for how much he has grown and accomplished since that time.  A big thank you to Miss Elaine for all she's done!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome Carrie. Makes my heart happy for you too. :)

    ReplyDelete