Thursday, June 6, 2013

June 6, 2013


My darling little birthday boy Luke!  Today he turned 2 years old.  We had a fun day celebrating with this little cutie.  A few days leading up to his birthday I tried to get him excited by telling him that there would be presents and new toys and cake.  What really caught his interest was the cake!  Every time I would mention his birthday he would tell me "take!" (cake).  And here it is, the much anticipated cake. It's my standard chocolate cake and chocolate frosting recipes, but I wanted to make it a little more fun for him.  When he saw the "diggers" on top he got really excited and started making engine noises and making digging motions with his arms.  It was really adorable.  He was all smiles while we sang to him, and absolutely loved blowing out the candles.  (I really need new cake pans because mine have slightly angled edges and it makes it really difficult to get the frosting smooth on the side.  Not that Luke cared, but I do.)

No comments:

Post a Comment