Saturday, December 21, 2013

December 21, 2013


Since my parents don't come to CA very often, when they are here everyone wants a chance to see them.  All of the Stran family (my dad's relatives) usually gets together on Christmas Eve, but it wasn't going to work out this year for several reasons, so they decided to have the family party tonight instead.  Sandy hosted at her house and we had dinner, watched a short video about the birth of Christ, sang a few songs, and had a white elephant gift exchange.  

Charlie and I haven't been to the Stran family Christmas party in a few years, so when my Aunt Kathy and my cousins Becky & Abbey got up to sing their special song, we had no idea what it was going to be.  As soon as the music started playing for "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" my boys went crazy.  I bought a CD of Christmas songs for kids a few weeks ago to listen to in the car, and this is my boys absolute favorite.  They want to hear it on repeat every time we drive anywhere.  Luke was especially delighted and smiled and danced through the whole thing.  


No comments:

Post a Comment