Monday, December 23, 2013

December 23, 2013


Tonight was the Edwards family (my mom's relatives) Christmas party.  Usually my aunts take turns hosting at their homes, but the crowd keeps getting bigger and bigger and my Aunt Janet decided she'd rather host at their church building this year.  It was a little weird getting together at the church, but whatever.  We had dinner at long tables in the cultural hall and then moved to the Relief Society room for the Present Game.  This is a silly game we've been playing for at least 20 years.  There is a pile of little presents in the middle of the room and we pass around pie plates with a pair of dice.  If you roll doubles or seven you get to pick a present.  I can't remember a single thing I've ever won from this game that I was actually excited about.  It's usually stuff like a pocket pack of tissues or LED keychain flashlight.  It's kind of silly and I don't know why we're still playing this, except that it's tradition and I guess the kids do love it.

The biggest bonus of having the party at the church was that there was plenty of room for my boys to run wild.  And nursery toys to play with too!


No comments:

Post a Comment