Thursday, December 26, 2013

December 26, 2013


When Charlie & I were in Paris last month we bought this beautiful puzzle of a Renior painting at the Mussee d'Orsay as a gift for Karl because he loves jigsaw puzzles.  I love them too, but now is not really the time in my life when I can really justify spending the time to do one.  So when Karl suggested we wait until Christmas time and do the puzzle together, I happily agreed.  Hardest puzzle ever.  By looking at the picture I would have never imagined it would be so difficult, but there are no clear defined lines so everything kind of blurs together making it incredibly hard.  This was day three with four adults working on it and we finally started to make some progress.  We all stayed up until midnight to finish!


Earlier today Janelle suggested that Charlie & I go out on a date tonight and that she and Karl would baby sit.  So nice!  We rarely go out because we don't have a baby sitter, so when an opportunity like this comes along we usually jump at it.  We just had dinner and came home, but it is always really great to have a quiet and relaxed meal together.  Charlie suggested Slater's 50/50, which I had never heard of before.  It is a burger place where their signature burger is a patty made with 50% beef and 50% bacon. When Charlie told me about it I thought it sounded really gross and planned on just ordering a regular beef patty, but once we were there I got sucked into the hype and went for the 50/50.  It was good, but I wouldn't order the 50/50 again.  What I did like was how you could customize your burger with tons of different options.  It was a fun night and I ate way too much food.

No comments:

Post a Comment