Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12, 2013


When Charlie and I were first dating he invited me over to his place one night and he made us dinner and we watched a movie.  I think it was Entrapment with Catherine Zeta Jones and Sean Connery.  He made California rolls and I remember being so impressed that he could make sushi!  So California rolls have been a regular on the dinner rotation since we've been married and now I'm the one making them.  Except recently we started thinking about that imitation crab meat that we put in there and decided that it's really gross.  I mean, what is really in that stuff anyway?  So tonight I made the rolls with fresh crab meat.  It was a little tough to pry all the meat out of those shells, but the taste and texture was so much better.  I am sold!  No more pulverized, processed, food colored fish sticks for us.  We ate our rolls with chicken pot stickers and edamame.  Isaac won't touch the sushi but he loves the "slimy tacos" and the edamame.  Luke will eat a little of everything.  


No comments:

Post a Comment