Saturday, August 17, 2013

August 17, 2013

What could be more fun than spending a Saturday morning at the urgent care?  After the gym I packed up some bags of snacks, toys, and a few little surprises for the boys so that we would prepared for any amount of waiting that we'd have to do.  Luke has had a swollen red spot on his bottom eyelid for a few weeks.  I didn't think much of it at first (a scratch maybe?) but it has not gone away and then on Thursday he started rubbing at it more and telling me that his eye hurt.  I googled it and figured it was probably a stye, which I guess typically go away on their own in a week or so.  Well this thing has not budged and after trying warm compresses for the past two days (with not much luck getting him to hold still) I figured we should have it looked it.  And we couldn't get an appointment with our regular doctor during the week.  

So we waited.  And waited.  And waited some more.  I was complimented several times by nurses and doctors on how well prepared we were.  Ha!  I know my boys too well.  This was the only way we could have survived.  The doctor finally came and flipped down Luke's eyelid to reveal this yucky white lump.  She prescribed some antibiotic ointment and directed me to keep putting hot compresses on his eye for 10 minutes five times a day.  Our previous compresses have not lasted much longer than 10 seconds, so this will require some creative thinking on my part.  I also had to have my ear looked at since it was still bothering me after my previous visit a couple of weeks ago.  Anyway, after about two hours we were finally out of there!

We stopped at Sonic on the way home to grab some lunch.  

And then later in the afternoon we headed to the pool.  Is it gross to bring bath toys to the pool?  Well we did.  Luke is still in love with his ducks and their "floaties" so we brought them along today.  The boys always have more fun at the pool when Charlie is there, but since he is in NYC the ducks will have to do for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment