Monday, August 26, 2013

August 26, 2013


Here is Luke at ICEC with his new OT Ms. Debra.  I have to be honest, I have never been a big fan of OT.  I understand the concepts and how it is supposed to be helpful, but I've just never seen any huge benefits for either of my boys.  My biggest concern (for both of them) is fine motor skills, but the OTs always insist that they need to focus on core strength, proprioceptive input, etc in order to improve fine motor.  Anyway, Luke loves doing this kind of stuff so why not?  Today's routine involved sliding down into the ball pit, then climbing back up the slide (not the ladder), pushing a weighted ball down, sliding down after it, then throwing the weighted ball over the side of the pit and down a ramp to knock over bowling pins.  Then repeat 20 times.  Luke loved the weighted balls.  He's always liked "heavy" stuff.  Most of them were 3 to 5 lbs, but I was pretty impressed to see him hauling around a 9 lb medicine ball the size of a basketball.

No comments:

Post a Comment