Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October 1, 2013


Potty Training Day One.  I never thought that I would try and potty train Luke at such a young age (he is about 28 months) but he was showing pretty obvious signs that he was ready for it.  Most of all, he wanted to be like Isaac and wear underwear and sit on the potty.  (We'll work on standing when he gets a little taller.)  So I scheduled a few days where we could stay close to home and then made a trip to Target for all of the necessities:  big boy underwear, candy, poop prizes, a poster board, and some fun drinks.  Today Luke peed in the potty 18 times and was rewarded with a fruit snack and a sticker for his chart each time.  (He also had Skittles and M&Ms to choose from, but he chose a fruit snack every single time.)  He also had 11 accidents.  I was feeling a little discouraged and thinking that maybe he wasn't quite ready because he was going so often (29 times!!!).  He did drink an awful lot, which was part of the plan, but at some points he was having to go to the potty every 5 minutes.  I googled it and it seems to be normal.  I was also pleasantly surprised to see that he woke up dry from his nap (I put him in a precautionary pull-up).  No poop today.  Though it was quite funny watching him try so hard to go.  He really really wanted the trash truck that I put in his prize jar.  Hopefully tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment