Saturday, October 12, 2013

October 12, 2013


This morning we drove up to LAX to pick Charlie up from his trip to Brazil and Chile.  We are SO glad to have him back!  When I talked to him a few nights ago he suggested that we go straight from the airport to the beach and I could run while he played with the boys.  This was so perfect and thoughtful.  I always look forward to my Saturday morning runs and he didn't want me to have to skip it.  We drove to Manhattan Beach and I ran down through Hermosa and into Redondo.  I don't think I'd ever been to these beaches before and it's always fun to have a change of scenery for a run.  Especially since I discovered that my iPod was out of batteries.  The boys were excited to be at the beach again.  When Charlie first got in the car at the airport Isaac told him "We have a surprise for you Dad, close your eyes until we get there!"  Little did he know that Charlie planned the surprise.   


Tonight Charlie and I were feeling brave and took the boys with us to South Coast Plaza to do a little shopping.  I got a new coat for our upcoming trip to Paris and he got a good pair of walking shoes.  We promised the boys a ride on the carousel if they were good.

No comments:

Post a Comment